Monday, June 30, 2008

Television

finally finished the fight with my Cable company, they lost, I don't pay them anymore.

Fortunately (or perhaps unfortunately for my wallet) most of the TV shows I paid to watch are now on DVD so I really am not missing anything..


One of those shows is Burn Notice (on USA, which I do kind of miss, usually around 3a.m.), I started watching BN because of Bruce Campbell, I like him, a really good charactor actor is really hard to find these days and Bruce Campbell is one of the most excellent ones.


Anyway, so I watched BN and I enjoyed it and then the Cable company and I started arguing and well, I own the 1st season of BN on DVD now (which is really cool because now I can admire all the scenery whenever I want)..

But as I was watching I started to wax nostalgic about TV, not the new stuff as such but the stuff I remember from when I was little and while surfing for fun I found an article that kind of explains better than I can what I feel when I watch BN:


LIFE ON THE COUCH:

Snarky, swaggering 'Burn Notice' bringing fun back to TV

CHRISTOPHER LAWRENCE

Each of us has our own way of realizing we're farther from the cradle than the grave.
For some, it's the first time we're condescendingly called sir or ma'am.
For others, it's the knowledge that in four months, one week, four days and a handful of hours, we could legally date someone born in the '90s. Not that I'm counting.
Mine came a couple of days ago, listening to one of radio's countless morning zoos. Two DJs were discussing Erik Estrada, his recent commercials -- the ones selling dirt-cheap homesites in fabulous Nowhere, Arkansas -- and how much they miss "CHiPs."

That's when the show's female sidekick -- the type who can rattle off with ease which celebs are sporting a baby bump and the latest guy to check into Hotel Britney -- declared she had no idea what "CHiPs" was. At that exact moment, my back went out, I started worrying about my retirement plan and I swear I got a liver spot.
read the rest of the article here:



And then I was watching it again this morning (had to take a break from Doctor Who) and it dawned on me:

Bruce Campbell - June 22 1958

Jeffrey Donovan - May 11 1968

are close enough in age that maybe they remember Television the same way I do!!

Which may explain why I enjoy their performances so much maybe they haven't bought into the Reality show craze as has every one else in TV Land, maybe they just want to entertain me, not teach me or show how screwed up they are, just entertain me and make me laugh while I watch them...
Ya think??
Naw, that ain't it but it could be.....

No comments: